Palmer Lake Art Group

We're currently updating our website. You may see sections under construction. Thank you for your patience.

Color Splash Show

With the onset of spring comes the excitement of our crown jewel annual exhibition, “Color Splash”. This show is typically juried by a well established artist and instructor, with 2024 being honored to have Chris Alvarez join us. Chris has received numerous national awards as an oil painter and most recently the recipient of Plein Air Magazine’s “Best Vehicle” painting of Gila Blue and Southwest Art Magazine’s “Artists to Watch”. Additionally, this exhibition showcases the curated art created by the winners of PLAG’s D-38 Senior Art Student Scholarship Program. In 2024 we are awarding scholarships to 3 seniors at Lewis Palmer and Palmer Ridge High Schools for their continued collegiate level art journey.

Color Splash Art Show is a juried art show usually held in June. A guest judge assigns the show awards. The show features the School District 38 Art Scholarship Award Recipients and a sample of their art. The show entrants are members and non-members.

Important Dates & Location 

Show Dates: May 31 – Jun 28

  • Entry Closes: Wed, May 22
  • Delivery & Install: Wed, May 29  10-12
  • Opening Reception: Fri, May 31   5:30  Scholarship Sponsors.  6-8
  • Last Show Date: Fri, Jun 28
  • Pickup Art: Sat, Jun 29 10-12 

Art Show Information

  • Sales and Commission: TLCA will handle sales and will take their commission (30%) and send the rest of the price (70%) to the artist approximately 3 weeks after the show closes.
  • Disclaimer: Tri-Lakes Center for the Arts and Palmer Lake Art Group are not responsible for damages to an entry. Responsibility for insurance resides with the artist.
  • Questions: Joanie Lang: 
  • Entries:  Up to 3 entries per person are allowed. If an art piece is larger than 1200 square inches, it counts as two entries.  Entries are due no later than Wednesday, May 22, and must be done either online or via snail mail (sent with a check to PLAG, P.O. Box 543, Palmer Lake, CO 80133).
  • Cost of entries for MEMBERS of PLAG: $25.00 For the 1st piece, $15.00 For the second piece, and $15.00 for the third piece. You may also enter up to 10 pieces of bin art (frameless originals or giclees). There is no entry fee for bin art.
  • Cost of entries for NON-members of PLAG: $35.00 for the 1st piece, $25.00 for the second piece and $25.00 for the 3rd piece.
  • Delivery and Hanging of Color Splash Art is on the following Wednesday, May 29, (delivery from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon, hanging from 12:00 to about 3:00 pm) at the Tri-Lakes Center for the Arts in Palmer Lake.
  • Our opening reception will be on Friday, May 31st at TLCA from 6 to 8:00 pm, and we’ll definitely need help that evening! We will need help with:
  • Bringing food to share (appetizer or dessert)
  • Setting up, making sure that the food and drink tables are set up with cloths and a centerpiece
  • Being a greeter at the front door (half-hour shifts) where you, in addition to greeting, hand out the Color Splash Program and PLAG brochure (if requested)
  • Giving Sponsors their envelopes and ribbons…
  • Handing out, or guiding people to the papers for the PEOPLE’S CHOICE award, and pointing out the receptacle for the votes (all votes must be in by 7:40)
  • Hand out name tags to the participants of the show
  • Show people where the student scholarship recipient is showing his/her art work and encourage them to look at the student’s work.
  • Help clean up once the reception is over.
  • That should do it for the reception!
  • The COLOR SPLASH show will continue during the month of June, and you will pick up your art on Saturday, June 29th, from 10-12 noon.
  • For those who sell their art during the course of this show will receive 70% of the sale price of the his/her art that sells, and will receive an e-check within 3 weeks after the end of the show.
  • Thank you! Joanie Lang (please text or call Joanie if you have any questions: 719-639-0755)
  • p.s., the earlier you can get in your entries, the better, as a spreadsheet and tags need to be made. 

Choose from completing the online form or downloading and completing the hardcopy. If you complete the hardcopy you will need to mail the completed form to PLAG, or scan and email it to: